- Louisiana State University, Graduate Certificate in Energy Law and Policy, 2021
- Louisiana State University, J.D., 2021
- Texas Tech University, B.S. in Petroleum Engineering, cum laude, Tau Beta Pi, 2015
- Texas, 2021
Damon Deravin’s practice focuses primarily on energy, oil and gas, and indemnity disputes. His work includes providing legal counsel to oil and gas operators, upstream and midstream service companies, mineral royalty owners, and affected third parties. In addition to being an attorney, Damon is also a petroleum engineer. Prior to his work as an oil and gas attorney, Damon worked as a production and operations engineer at a major international upstream oil and gas exploration and production company. As an attorney, Damon regularly combines his legal experience with his oil and gas technical background to counsel clients through their oil and gas legal matters.
Additionally, prior to his becoming an oil and gas attorney/petroleum engineer, Damon served 5 years in the United States Navy as a Navy SWCC and a member of the United States Naval Special Warfare (NSW).
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- CALI: Institute for Energy Law, Member
- Society of Petroleum Engineers, Member