Heather Hayden has been examining and rendering opinions for the Firm since February 2017. She currently assists clients in a variety of oil and gas transactional matters, including drafting title opinions, division order title opinions and various title and curative instruments. Heather has practiced Oil, Gas and Energy law in and around San Antonio since 2010 and has rendered title opinions relating to surface, mineral and leasehold ownership throughout various shale plays in the State of Texas. Heather is Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Young Professionals in Energy, Member, 2011 – Present
- Young Texans Against Cancer, Member, 2011 – Present
- Women’s Energy Network, Member, 2014 – Present
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Kappa Delta
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Energy and Natural Resources Law
OIL AND GAS EXPLORATION COMPANIES
- Rendering acquisition, original drilling, supplemental and division order title opinions and preparation of title and curative instruments
- Analyze lease provisions, surface use agreements and related agreements on behalf of operators, mineral and land owners
- Royalty and mineral ownership disputes and transfers
- Transfers of interest, including conveyances, assignments and stipulation agreements
TITLE EXAMINATION AND DUE DILIGENCE
- Conducts due diligence work in connection with purchase of mineral and royalty interests.
- Conducts due diligence in connection with acquisition of oil and gas leases, including asserting and resolving title defect issues and coordinating with and managing brokers in field.
- Preparation of original title opinions, supplemental title opinions and division order title opinions.