Santoyo Wehmeyer P.C. provides title examination and diligence services. But unlike most firms, Santoyo Wehmeyer P.C. offers a team of experienced attorneys with a unique skill set that separates our Firm from typical title firms. With the Firm’s healthy oil and gas litigation and transactional practices, Santoyo Wehmeyer P.C. is positioned to identify and resolve title-related issues, whether by drafting or reviewing curative documentation or by defending against issues barreling toward litigation.
Our attorneys also have experience working closely with land departments in all phases of the development of a prospect area, including negotiation and review of lease and operational agreements, preparation of curative instruments and the creation, dissolution and reformation of pooled units. We understand that drilling schedules have to be met and do change. Working closely with your land department allows us to work more effectively and efficiently to meet your objectives and deadlines.
TITLE EXAMINATION SERVICES
Santoyo Wehmeyer P.C.’s title examination practice is leaded by Paul Santoyo, who spent the first ten years of his practice at a large law firm where he was elected equity partner. A representative list of areas of expertise includes:
- Preparation of Acquisition, Original, Supplemental, Leasehold and Division Order Title Opinions
- Preparation of Limited Title Memoranda and reports modified to address a client’s specific needs
- Preparation and review of title curative instruments, including lease amendments, pooling consent letters, stipulations of interest agreements
- Due diligence in connection with divestitures or acquisitions
- Reviewing lease provisions to confirm compliance with pooling authority, continuous drilling obligations and other lease compliance concerns
Our Firm’s attorneys have title examination experience throughout Texas, with specific emphasis on the Permian Basin, the Eaglebine, the Barnett Shale, East Texas and South Texas, including the Eagle Ford regions.